Besides mind and body relaxation steam shower provides an array of health benefits. When your body is exposed to high temperature then many bodily functions get improved.
Health benefits of steam shower
- When body temperature increases above 37.2°C, the immune system starts to release antibodies that kill viruses and bacteria.
- With increase in body temperature, heart starts to beat fast causing blood nutrients reach within deep skin layers providing a cleansing effect.
- Through perspiration 30% accumulated toxin gets released. These toxins are liable for sourcing 95% of cancers.
- Steam helps to clear mucus and allergens from the lungs, which effectively relieves people suffering from respiratory issues like bronchitis, sinusitis, asthma, or allergies.
- Steam heat expands blood vessels and boosts blood flow, thus oxygen and nutrients move rapidly inside the body reducing or stopping muscular pain or releasing muscle tension.
- Cellulite can be decreased because steam bath assists in burning calories.
- Steam shower before going to bed relaxes the body and leads to deep, restful sleep.
Modular steam baths are available, but many people opt to build DIY steam room. Customization allows them to save money as well use the existing space, they have. It even lets them design a unit that fits their need and space.
Determine where to place steam shower
Some people create a complete new room for their steam shower. A few will add material and enclosure to their existing shower and convert it into steam shower. It is personal preference, but you can take several factors into consideration of where to place the steam shower.
Three basic needs to consider first
Steam generator – Steam generator converts water into steam. These can be positioned about 50 feet away (Maximum). Many users have installed thermal steam generator in a cabinet or basement or attic.
Water supply – The steam shower will need to be connected to the water supply network to get water for producing steam.
Electric supply – Sufficient electricity is needed to power steam generator and other related equipment.
Create a sealed environment
An area has to be sealed off, to confine the steam. Steam has the ability to creep through tiny cracks, which can cost thousands on mold repair. Therefore make sure to buy glass walls or special doors that will detain the steam within a desired area.
Sealing an existing shower stall or including a sealed roof to accessible shower enclosure is sufficient to convert these into steam shower stall. If there is space, then you can create a complete new steam room much larger than shower stall.
While purchasing materials take into consideration the following factors.
- Its heat retaining capacity
- Suits your needs and budget
A large steam room needs huge steam generator, which increases overall project cost. Experts recommend having a ceiling around eight feet because the steam rises above and it can be a waste of steam if it rises more higher than you. In addition, squander of electricity and water.
Steam spaces can get slippery, due to moisture created. Install sufficient handles and make sure the flooring has maximum grip.
Place to sit
A bench is necessary for relaxation and comfort to enjoy the steam shower.
Buy the three basic parts including steam generator, controls, and steam head from reputable manufacturer.